We’re so excited you’re considering serving with us at camp this summer! Read on for more information and instructions about applying.
How to Apply
- Click the button above or start here.
- Create an account or login with your existing account. Returning staff, call or email Megan to be reminded of your login and password.
- Next, click on either “Returning Staff Application” or “New Staff Application”.
- Then fill out your application! We will contact you within a week about the next steps in the hiring process.
Why work at Red Willow Ministries?
Here’s what some of our former staff have to say:
- “Camp is a place that changes lives. You can grow to find who you are, while helping campers grow too. The way I see it is if I can impact even one camper’s life for the better, I have been successful, and I get to do this every day at Red Willow.” – April, from Kulm, ND
- “I look back on the summer that we had and I can’t imagine not being a mentor, leader, counselor, and friend to those campers. What I learned at Red Willow was that no matter what unforeseen and crazy stuff God throws at you, He will always make it worthwhile.” – Madi, from St. Paul, MN
Summer Staff Responsibilities
Live, laugh, teach, and play with our campers every day! Counselors are directly responsible for the needs and actions of the 3-10 campers placed in their care each week (this includes typical on-site campers, adults with disabilities, and off-site day camp campers). They care for our campers’ spiritual, physical, and emotional needs, participate in our program and activities, lead as needed, and enforce camper discipline.
Spend your summer in service to God’s community! Our support staff are the backbone of our summer camp program. They are responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of camp facilities and equipment, and provide camper supervision when required. Specifically, support staff work in the kitchen, complete general cleaning tasks, assist with maintenance, and have the opportunity to serve as part of a day camp team.
Gain meaningful leadership and management experience while getting paid to sing, dance, swim, and praise God! Our leadership team helps to plan and execute our summer camp program as well as our staff trainings. They work as servants to staff, providing necessary organization, program materials, direction, encouragement, and evaluation. Team roles include program leader, outdoor adventure leader, worship and music leader, waterfront leader, healthcare leader, and support staff leader.
Are you culinarily inclined? Our assistant cooks are responsible for leading our kitchen team through meals, including meal preparation, serving, and clean up.
Typical Camp Day
7:45 First Word: Introduce the theme of the day and wake up before breakfast.
8:00 Breakfast: Fuel up for the day.
8:30 KP/Staff meeting: Iron out the schedule for the day and hear announcements.
9:15 Cabin Choice Time: Two hours to do one or more activities with your cabin.
11:15 Worship: Worship God as a community.
1:00 Rest Hour: Rest up for a busy afternoon.
2:00 Bible Study: Find a beautiful spot outside to engage God’s Word and creation!
2:45 Extras: Campers sign up for special counselor-led activities
3:30 Camper Choice Time: Campers choose from typical camp activities
6:15 KP/Clean Cabin: Clean and decorate your cabin to compete for a daily award.
7:00 All Camp: Play a game with the rest of camp.
8:00 Snack: Get some more energy for the rest of the evening.
8:45 Campfire: Spend some more community time and praise God together.
9:30 Get ready for bed
10:00 Candlepower: A nightly devotion to connect with God before going to bed.
10:30 Lights out
Download the following job descriptions to learn more about specific roles at camp.