In this issue
7-9th Confirmation Retreat
Episcopal Youth Retreat
October 23 - 24:
Atonement Lutheran Confirmation Retreat
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Creative Memories Scrapbooking Retreat
Learning to Use My Bible Retreat
View our calendar...
Red Willow Ministries
1651 Jacob Dr
Binford, ND 58416
Food Services Manager
Pass it on
If you enjoy receiving this eNewsletter, please share it with your friends!
To pass it on, click the "Forward Email" link below.
Have a Suggestion?
Do you have ideas on how we can improve our website or eNewsletter? We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can better serve you!
E-mail the camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online contact form.
Chapel Stained Glass Project
In 2007, the concept of raising funds for stained glass windows in the camp chapel was brought to the Red Willow Ministries board. A little over a year later, over $6,000 has been donated or pledged to this project. A quilt raffle is also underway, and will be helpful with the additional expense for replacing the windows before the stained glass is installed.
Dave and Joann Heisler from Devils Lake met with the board on Oct 14 to review designs for the windows, and discuss a timeline. They have been creating stained glass church windows for a church in Devils Lake, and brought samples for their work.
The Chapel will be 60 years old in 2009, and will be the focus of the July Friends of Red Willow Appreciation Dinner. While is may not be possible to have the windows installed by then, the board has authorized the replacement of the windows as a kickoff to the project. As soon as that is done, Dave will measure the new windows and begin work on the stained glass design.
The board reviewed some drawings for the three windows, and a task force was established to work with the Heislers on choosing a Bible story to be portrayed in the glass design.
Stained Glass Project - Quilt Raffle
The quilt raffle is underway until December 12, when the winning ticket is drawn. Contact the camp office to purchase tickets. You need not be present to win.
View more photo of the raffle quilt...
Barry Foundation Grant Update
From Denny Goetz, Co-Director
The deadline for reaching our goal to raise $12,500 to match the Barry Foundation is November 1, 2008 (Only 2 weeks away!). To date we have received $9,891.24 from many generous individuals and church congregations. We are very hopeful that the remaining matching funds needed for this grant will be received by that date.
Donors who have already contributed to this special project as of October 14, 2008:
- First Lutheran WELCA - New Rockford
- High Prairie Lutheran WELCA - LaMoure
- Walcott Lutheran - Walcott
- Rev. Darrell Schultz - Jamestown
- Darroll Wigen - Grand Forks
- Rev. Ken & Velma Iverson - Aneta
- David & Marilyn Isaacson
- Dan & Marla Larson
- Northwood Evangelical Lutheran
- First Lutheran WELCA - Litchville
- Trinity Lutheran - Enderlin
- Laura Mae Davidson - Enderlin
- Dr. Kenneth & Marlys Throlson - New Rockford
- Blanche Bjertness - New Rockford
- First Lutheran - New Rockford
- Robert & Faye Bubach - Litchville
- Our Redeemer’s Lutheran - Edgeley
- LeRoy & Eunice Throlson Family & Friends - in memory of John Evanger
- Bethel Lutheran - Wahpeton
- Elm River Lutheran - Galesburg
- Lester & Valborg Ellingson - Carrington
- First Lutheran - Litchville
- Make a Difference “MAD” Men - Hatton
- Martin’s Lutheran - Casselton
- Atonement Lutheran Blue Grass Festival-Jamestown
- Mayville Lutheran - Mayville
- Our Savior’s Lutheran - Valley City
- Lakota Lutheran - Lakota (Sept. offering)
- Bob & Olive Weber - Grand Forks
- Christie & Todd Anderson - Valley City
- St. Olaf Lutheran - Devils Lake
- Edna Vrem - Devils Lake
- Kathlyn Overbo - Devils Lake
- Pastor Wil Fisher - Fargo
View pictures of the lake erosion and please keep this project in your prayers. Remember that the foundation will double any donation given on the remaining $2,608.76. Contact the camp office to donate to the Lakeshore Erosion Project.