Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Red Willow. No matter what your age, talents or time limits, we have ways for you to volunteer at the Bible Camp. Volunteers are really at the heart of the camp. Thanks to the many church and youth groups, family adoptions and individual effort, the camp has seen quite a transformation in the past three years!
Need an idea of projects currently on our list that we could use volunteer help with:
- Insulate the floor in Ausland. For this we will need 30 sheets of Polystyrene Insulation.
- Reclaim the beach area, meaning cleaning it all up – removing all the weeds and making it a real beach again.
- General clean up in that area, do some painting down there, put up new basketball hoops
- Sand & repaint door jams on all cabins
- Replace door locks on all cabins – we would like to get NEW locks for all cabins (There would be dollars needed to purchase all new locking knobs for the Cabins)
- Repair & Replace any/all screen doors that need it
- Replace Fascia wood and Fascia trim around chapel. We have tin and lumber here.
Entry Sign into camp
- Sign needs to be reset and repainted.
Fences around camp
- Could become a safety hazard and they need work. Some of the fences need to have posts straightened, replace broken rails and paint them all.
- Trim trees around camp, remove any/all dead ones
- Remove tree stumps around camp for safety and cleanup
- Re-seed and properly clean the south side of camp
- Rebuild the small shed by the camp house
- Add on to fuel shed for safety
- Re-roof the bike shed and clean up around that building
- Cut logs for firewood (want to get a big reserve in place before next winter)
June 24th we will be looking for help to turnover cabins/retreat center between youth group and our campers arriving !
Ways to Volunteer
Each year a few church groups come to camp to rake leaves, plant flowers and do other upkeep. We can always use more groups to help with the never ending upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
This event brings out the most volunteers. Men and women donate items to our annual fall quilt auction and also work to sell raffle tickets and work at the camp the weekend of the event. See our calendar for more information…
If you are a welder, carpenter, can pour concrete or possess one of a variety of other useful talents, we have a place for you at the camp. To find out where you are needed, look at volunteer projects like the Bunker, Stump Grinding, pouring concrete sidewalks, painting trim, repairing fences and much more.
If you are available to help with office work, cleaning, painting etc, there is a place for you too.
Call the camp office for more information.
Two destructive storms in 2016 blew down many mature oak trees on camp land. Thanks to Z’s Trees, staff and volunteers, most of the damaged trees were cut down and hauled away. The camp insurance paid for much of this work. The stumps that remain need to be ground out. The Property Committee plans to do this with a volunteer force.
Needs: rental of stump grinder, remove wood chips, fill with top soil, seed with grass seed
DISCOVERY CAMP VOLUNTEERS
Each year we depend on volunteers to assist with our Discovery Camp for campers with disabilities.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Stay in a camper cabin with other staff and volunteers.
- Get the opportunity to enjoy Bible study, arts and crafts, swimming, pontoon rides, worship, games, and campfire, while helping your campers
- Enjoy our annual dance and talent show.
This will be the most challenging and rewarding week of your summer.
How to Volunteer
All volunteers are required to fill out a Volunteer Information Form.
- Click here to find the form.
- Click “Discovery Week Volunteer Form”.
- Sign in or click “Create an account” on the right side of the page.
- Complete the Discovery Week Volunteer Form.
- We require a background check for adult volunteers to work with campers. If you are 18 or older, please also complete the Self-Disclosure Form (under Hired Staff Packet).
COUNSELORS IN TRAINING (CITs)
This is a program for 10th-12th graders who have attended or will be attending our Senior High Amp! Camp and have an interest in developing their leadership skills and learning about the responsibilities of life as part of a camp staff.
You will have the opportunity to return for another week of youth camping during which you will be assigned to a counselor whom you will assist in his or her cabin. You will also spend time in discussion with the Program Director, assist in various large group activities, and take part in work projects.
Positions are limited and weeks available to CITs are determined by age. Amp! Camp is a pre-requisite for this program. Please fill out the CIT Application online to apply.
How to Apply
- Click here to apply.
- Click “Counselor in Training (CIT) Application.”
- Sign in or click “Create an Account” on the right side of the page.
- Complete the CIT Application.
- Complete the CIT Reference Form.
- We will contact you to confirm your acceptance and volunteer dates after receiving your forms.
“Red Willow Ministries exists to strengthen and serve the church in its gospel mission and ministry with and through Jesus Christ to every generation.”