“Working at Red Willow Bible Camp has changed me as a person. I am more willing to participate, volunteer, lead and speak up than I was before I came here. It was a very rewarding experience and I’m very glad I did it!”
Quote from 2019 Counselor
We’re so excited you’re considering serving with us at camp this summer! Read on for more information and instructions about applying.
How to Apply
- Click the button above or start here.
- Create an account or login with your existing account. Returning staff, call or email email@example.com to be reminded of your login and password.
- Next, click on either “Returning Staff Application” or “New Staff Application”.
- Fill out your application and references.
- Be sure to complete your reservation by checking out. No fees apply for application, but you will have to click “check out” for your application to be complete.
- We will contact you within a week about the next steps in the hiring process.
Why work at Red Willow Ministries?
Here’s what some of our former staff have to say:
- “Camp is a place that changes lives. You can grow to find who you are, while helping campers grow too. The way I see it is if I can impact even one camper’s life for the better, I have been successful, and I get to do this every day at Red Willow.” – April, from Kulm, ND
- “I look back on the summer that we had and I can’t imagine not being a mentor, leader, counselor, and friend to those campers. What I learned at Red Willow was that no matter what unforeseen and crazy stuff God throws at you, He will always make it worthwhile.” – Madi, from St. Paul, MN
Meet Us: Red Willow At Your School
We’ll be recruiting all over Eastern North Dakota this spring!
While we love the technology that brings us together, meeting in person is even better! Check out the recruiting schedule to see when we’ll be in your area. If we’ve already been to your school, don’t worry! We travel all through the spring and would love to take you out for coffee to talk about camp!
2020 Recruiting Schedule
Christus Rex – UND – Grand Forks, ND
Camp Fair -Concordia College – Moorhead, MN
Valley City State University – Valley City, ND
Mayville State University – Mayville, ND
MSUM – Moorhead, MN
Summer Job Fair – NDSU – Fargo, ND
Watch this space for University of Jamestown, Bismarck area, and more!
Typical Camp Day
7:45 First Word
8:30 KP/Staff meeting
9:15 Cabin Choice Time
1:00 Rest Hour
2:00 Bible Study: Find a beautiful spot outside to engage God’s Word!
2:45 Extras: Campers sign up for special counselor-led activities.
3:30 Camper Choice Time
6:15 KP/Clean Cabin: Clean and decorate your cabin.
7:00 All Camp: Play a game with the rest of camp.
8:45 Campfire: Spend some more time praising God together.
10:00 Candlepower: A nightly devotion.
10:30 Lights out
Summer Staff Responsibilities
Live, laugh, teach, and play with our campers every day! Counselors are directly responsible for the needs and actions of the 3-10 campers placed in their care each week (this includes typical on-site campers, adults with disabilities, and off-site day camp campers). They care for our campers’ spiritual, physical, and emotional needs, participate in our program and activities, lead as needed, and enforce camper discipline.
Spend your summer in service to God’s community! Our support staff are the backbone of our summer camp program. They are responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of camp facilities and equipment, and provide camper supervision when required. Specifically, support staff work in the kitchen, complete general cleaning tasks, assist with maintenance, and have the opportunity to serve as part of a day camp team.
Gain meaningful leadership and management experience while getting paid to sing, dance, swim, and praise God! Our leadership team helps to plan and execute our summer camp program as well as our staff trainings. They work as servants to staff, providing necessary organization, program materials, direction, encouragement, and evaluation. Team roles include program leader, outdoor adventure leader, worship and music leader, waterfront leader, healthcare leader, and support staff leader.
Are you culinarily inclined? Our assistant cooks are responsible for leading our kitchen team through meals, including meal preparation, serving, and clean up.